What a weekend!! Jon came for a visit from Spencerport and got here around 8ish Friday night. We went out for ice cream at the new Cold Stone Creamary. The ice cream was AWESOME! They make it right in front of you. I had Birthday Cake Remix and Jon had Peanut Butter Cup Explosion or something like that. What they do is take the ice cream flavor and then mix it on a cold stone with the things that go in the certain flavor. So for mine they took cake batter ice cream and threw in a brownie, fudge, and sprinkles and mixed it all together. It was a treat!!
On Saturday we started off by visiting Fort Ontario. They have reenactors and things which makes it realistic to see. When Jon and I approached the entrance a gaurd asked us for 'Lancaster's Code'. We both looked at each other and had no idea what he was talking about. He proceeded to call down another gaurd to escort us into the fort. Then we joined a tour group. We decided to go off by ourselves and walk around. There were actors playing cricket, men in red coats and women cooking and children playing games.
We walked around the top of the fort which is shaped like a star. From there we could see the lake and the light house. Jon found the cannons and of course had his picture taken with it. Then we traveled down into the areas where they fired the cannons and guns from. Down there we found a dungeon. And down there I could touch the ceiling!!!
Next, we looked in the building. They had the rooms set up with the furniture and things that were there back then. It was really interesting to see all the things in each building.
Then Jon and I found a table of toys and we started to have some fun! Jon of course found the stilts and look I grew 5 inches!!
Jon wrote his name with a quil pen.
Hey look! I grew!
Jon got all excited when he saw the actors had guns!! We watched them load them and shoot them off. It was pretty cool.
The best part is they never charged us admissions when we walked in with the gaurd and they never asked us when we left. So, we got a free tour!!
After my little sister got out of work Jon, myself, Kelsey, and my parents all went to Rudy's for dinner. Rudy's is a local restaurant by the lake. Dinner was good. Jon had his usual buger and fries while I had a coney which to Rochester people is a white hotdog!
Then Jon and I headed to the Oswego Speedway to watch the races. I had never been and Jon has been wanting to go so I found out there were races and we went. It was fun. We saw some crashed and some good races. During the last race, 45 laps, there was a crash and then the power went out! They did 35 caution laps!! The last race was by far the best right down to the end.
Then today, Jon and I enjoyed the nice weather and went down to the lake to throw rocks and walk around the Oswego State campus because it is right by the lake. It is huge compared to Fredonia's campus. We enjoyed the senery, the sun, and the interesting things on campus.
It was a great weekend!!!






























My ice cream was called Peanut Butter Cup Perfection. It was delicious.
ReplyDeleteWe found 3 bicycles, a wagon, and a folding chair at the bottom of a creek that ran through campus. It was cool.
Looks like it was a great weekend. Can't wait until the end of June when we are all together
ReplyDeleteReinactments are a blast - there's a great one here in Marblehead every summer at Fort Sewall.
ReplyDelete