Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Cousin's Wedding

Octobr 17th, 2009 my cousin Morgan Cloonan married Jarod Farella. Jon and I drove to Oswego for the weekend but because of teaching certification exam I had to take that morning we only went to the reception. Jon was so bummed we couldn't go to the whole Catholic Mass and Wedding!! (haha just kidding!!)

Saturday morning came and I was up at 5:30 showering and getting everything ready for my exam because I had to drive to Syracuse to be there no later than 7:45!!! The test was okay. I'll find out if I passed in about 3 weeks.

When I got home everyone was at the wedding except for Jon. He was sitting on the couch watching t.v. and eatting the buffalo chicken wing dip my mom made him. He is so spoiled at my house!! After some lunch and a little t.v. everyone came home from the wedding. This is wear things started to unravel!!

Jon's dress shirt had an almost like grease stain on it so my mom went to JC Penny and ended up getting him a new shirt for 88 cents! Then, my brother's fiance who is pregnant, broke the zipper on her dress!! When we had bought the dress last month the zipper was sticking so they gave us 50% off. Well, with the zipper not at 100% and Rachelle gaining baby weight she broke the zipper. Poor girl. I drove her to every store to see what we could use to fix it. She ended up wearing one of Kelsey's (my little sister) dresses.

After everyone was fixed I did my hair and put on my dress and did my make up with seconds to spare before having to drive to Syracuse for the reception! It took about and hour to drive there and this hotel was fancy. I was not expecting anything less hearing that the wedding was $30,000!!! There were drinks and food in the lobby while we waited for the reception hall to open. While we waited everyone was trying to "steal Jon". My three cousins, my aunt, and my grandma all wanted him as their date!! All of us had our picture taken as a group (cousins and dates) by the photographer. It was fun!

They finally opened the doors to the reception hall and it was beautiful! The colors were turquoise and brown. An ice sculpture, a candy bar, beautiful centerpeices, a dance floor, and a band. Of course the first thing we did was hit up the candy bar! There were boxes with ribbons and all different kinds of candys to fill them with. There were chocolates, truffles, m&m's, rock candy, jelly beans, malt balls, chocolate covered rasins, and mints. I think everyone took 2 boxes. As everyone settled in they announced the wedding party and Morgan and my Uncle David (her dad) had their daughter dance after Jarod and Morgan had their first dance as husband and wife. After the speaches we toasted with what looked like champagne but was really gingerale. They had told the hostess that our table was a teenage table so there was no champagne. We all knew it tasted a bit strange! Then the food came out!

There was salad, raspberry sorbet, then either chicken oscar or prime rib. I wish I had gotten the prime rib. The chicken oscar was kind of gross! Oh well. Then the dancing began! I think Jon and I were the two on the dance floor the most! My family isn't much of dancing people and apparently neither was the groom's family. There were upbeat songs and slow songs. It was a fun night of dancing. The photographer was taking tons of pictures and I think Jon might be in most of them!! He was dancing the night away!!

They never threw the bouquet or guarder :(.... But there was breaking of centerpeices! One fell off the head table and then my mom and uncle broke one because they both bumped into a table. Way to go mom!

It was my Aunt Marsha and Uncle Arnie's anniversary and my grandma's anniversary that day and they were playing a song for them. Jon danced with grandma! I'm sure grandpa wouldn't mind because he liked Jon a lot!! Grandma was thrilled!! She just loves Jon!

The night was winding down and we were getting ready to leave. I was voted to drive Courtney and Laura home because Laura had to much to drink to drive and Courtney had to many "sodas". Luckly there was no one on the road because they were horrible with directions and I was flying my car all over Carrier Circle in Syracuse!! But we made it!! Then was the drive home. I was soooooo tired and Jon kept poking me to make sure I was awake.

It was a fun night and a great reception!! The bride was beautiful and so was everyone there. They gave us a website and passcode to get pictures the photographer took but they won't be up for another week. I'll post the link when they are up!

Here are some pictures from the night!



Jon danced with Grandma




Courtney and Laura







from left to right: kelsey (little sister), me, jon, courtney (courtney), laura (her fiance), rachelle (his fiance), kyle (brother)


menu

The Reception Room

Ice Sculpture (M = Morgan J = Jarod F = Farella (last name)



The Candy Bar!!

Center Peices (that got broken)

2 comments:

  1. the family picture is kind of funny. Are you all standing in a hole or is Jon on stool? HeHeHe

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha jon must be standing on a stool!!

    ReplyDelete